COTE D’AZUR ATTRACTIONS
There is so much to do on the Cote d’Azur, that we recommend visiting an Office of Tourism, found in almost all local villages, where you can browse through brochures and see what interests you.
To get you started we have put together a small list of just some of the many great sites and activities that are possible on the French Riviera… We supply a more complete information packet along with brochures on your arrival to your holiday accommodation.
There are so many different kinds of beaches on the Cote d’Azur, that every day can be a new beach experience…. From larger sandy beaches, to the famous pebble beaches in Nice to the smaller, less populated creeks, there is something to enjoy for every holiday maker.
For the most part, beaches between Antibes and Nice tend to be more pebble beaches, whereas the beaches between Antibes and St. Tropez, as well as beaches between Nice and Monaco, tend to be more sandy beaches.
A couple of examples:
1) Mandelieu beach – Next to Cannes, take the A8 Motorway, get off at the Mandelieu exit and follow signs to the beaches (plage). Great for small children as it is a long, sand beach where the sea stays shallow quite far so that the children can really enjoy playing in the water.
2) Juan Les Pins – has public and private sand beaches. Good for children. The beaches are really in the town so it’s great if you want to do other things as well, such as restaurants, shops, cafes, ice creams…
One really nice private beach with restaurant is Les Pechures.
3) Nice beach – all pebbles, sharp drop-off into the water. The water is a beautiful turquoise color and you are right next to the center of Nice where there are tons of restaurants and shops. Not as great for small children.
4) All along the coast are smaller beach coves, the best way to discover them are to drive along the coastal road and park on the side when you spot a great place. For examply, there are some great smaller inlet beaches between Mandelieu and St Tropez.
Most towns have outdoor markets on certain days during the week. The outdoor markets range from local produce of vegetables and fruit to the seafood catches of the day (fish market in Cannes) to more complete markets with local cultural arts and crafts, clothing, house ware, decoration, souvenirs…
These markets are absolutely worth visiting as it provides a great local experience as well as great food and products to enjoy.
These French Riviera villages and towns have the following days listed for outdoor markets…
1) Bar sur Loup – Saturday mornings, place de le Tour – fruits and vegetables
2) Valbonne – Friday mornings until 1pm. – place des Arcades (very good, large market)
3) Grasse – Wednesday mornings
4) Chateauneuf – Monday mornings – Parking Pre du Lac
5) Cannes – every morning, except for Mondays – place Gambetta, place Forville, great place for fresh fish.
6) Gourdon – Monday mornings
7) Tourettes sur Loup – Wednesday mornings – village center
8) Nice – main outdoor market is in the old city near the seaside, in Cours Saleya – There are beautiful boutiques of flowers, fresh produce and vegetables and freshly caught fish.
- Flower Market, Cours Saleya, weekdays – all day, Sundays and holidays – in the mornings.
- Fruit & Vegetable Market, Cours Saleya, every day in the morning (except Mondays)
- Antiques Market, Cours Saleya, Mondays – all day
- Arts & Crafts Market, Cours Saleya, every day (June thru Sept) from 6 p.m. to midnight. –
- Fish Market, Place Saint-Francois, every day in the morning (except Mondays)
There are of course many spas to choose from on the Cote d’Azur. Many luxury hotels and resorts offer spa facilities which can be enjoyed by non-hotel guests for the spa fee.
Here are 2 examples of hotels that offer a wonderful spa experience:
1) Le Spa Shisedo
Le Mas Candille, Bd Clement Rebuffel, Mougins
tél. 04 92 28 43 43
The spa can adapt to your needs by offering personalized packages including treatments, lunches and access to the hydrotherapy pool, jacuzzi and sauna.
2)Domaine de Fayence
566 Boulevard des Claux – 83440 Fayence
tel: 0825 801050
The spa offers: aqua-gym sessions, sauna, hammam, cardio-training room, indoor swimming pool with hydrotherapy units and aqua-gym sessions, different bodycares and treatments, Treatment packages covering aesthetics and beauty care, massages.
Please contact us with any questions on holiday accommodation on the Cote d’Azur or extra services we can arrange, such as private chefs, babysitting, tour guides, taxi drivers… to make your holiday stay here a fantastic experience.
Check Our Other Riviera Info Pages:
Holiday Homes/House/Villas South of France
Villa Rentals South of France
Holiday Houses to rent in South of France
Luxury Holiday Rental Properties South of France
Luxury Villas in South of France
Luxury Villa Rentals in Cote D’Azur
Holiday Accommodation In South Of France
Vacation / Holidays Rentals in South of France
Holidays in the South of France